Sunday, December 5, 2010

Questions to Ask at the Job Interview

Hi Guys,

I got an email from my friend Carrie giving me advice about job interviews and I wanted to share with you some questions that are good for you to ask during an interview.

1.) Why is this position available? Jobs are few and far between and it is a subtle way to find out what happened to make this position available to you. Did someone leave mad, was the last person promoted to another department of the company, or is the open position a result of an expansion? That one question can cover a lot of things that may be rolling around in your mind.

2.) Who will be my supervisor? This one is a biggie because the person you interview with may just be the recruiter, which will give you an opportunity to work with a variety of people not just that one person. I bring this up because I had an interview on Thursday and I thought the recruiter was rude. She answered her phone while we were going over my application that I filled out, she did apologize but I thought it was my personal time and we spent maybe 10 minutes going over my application while I waited for the other two managers to come.

3.) Ask the interviewer what attracted them to this organization because people love to talk about themselves and you will be able to learn the steps of how this person has gotten in to his or her current position. It will also help you understand the possible job opportunities that could be in your future as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment