Saturday, December 11, 2010

Lindt Chocolate

Lindt has been making chocolate treats since 1845, and who would have thought back then 165 years ago that they would be one of the most popular candy makers today?  I have visited this site a few times over the last week for several reasons, but mostly because I found out they hire people who do not speak English. I have a few friends from Nepal who are looking for new jobs, and when I showed them the website they wanted to go work for the company. That has yet to be planned out, but I am teaching them how to drive, and I wanted to let them know that working there is an option. The Lindt factory is about forty minutes from where I live, and they have the same signature blue banners outside the building. It is cool to look at the website, and then to stand outside of the big chocolate factory, and wonder what is really going on in there? I did that the other day!
The website has nice light colors like light brown, green, pinks, and the pictures of different chocolates are very vivid. The items are easy to read, and are on a white background so your eyes can focus on looking at rows of chocolate products. The items are spaced nicely; prices and quantities are easily marked, depending on what you want the items are right at your finger tips. (Yes, I used to be in sales). There is a nice helpful section of where to find what you need to satisfy your chocolate craving, the first one is called Featured Indulgences which include Seasonal Collections, New Arrivals and Best Sellers (Lindt, 2010). When you click on Featured Indulgences the three categories I listed will come up, this also happens when you click on the four other headlines. My computer moves very fast through this site, and sometimes it moves slowly through other sites, and it is very accessible. It looks like a very yummy site, but keep in mind if you eat sweets after a workout it won’t count as much.  http://www.lindtusa.com/index-exec/
I found an interesting article when I was researching for a Communication and Conflicts assignment and I saved it to my desktop, but never used it. I went to other sources that were easier to read, and had bullet points instead of so many words. I just reread the article again, it was great, insightful and interesting, but it overwhelmed my eyes because there was so much text in such a small place. The article is called, “From Conflict to Wisdom,” and although it is really interesting, I would first of all suggest changing fonts, and adding headers that will break things up. Placing a header before every new idea helps the reader to know what this section is going to be about, and if there is a more interesting section we can skip to that. Because of the format I kept thinking, “This need headers, one could go there or bullet points would make that set of thoughts more readable.” Do I like the set up? Does the information fit my paper? Is this a for-fun article or can I add the information into my paper? Those are the types of questions I ask myself whenever I am looking for a good source. I would suggest try reading it, and see how far you get, because the words are great and full of suggestions, but the layout could be better.
Lein, B. (2007, Novemebr). From Conflict to wisdom. Cooperative Grocer for Retailers and Cooperations, 133, Retrieved from http://www.cooperativegrocer.coop/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment