Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Planet Fitness

Just recently Planet Fitness signed a contract to be a sponsor of The Biggest Loser which is one of my favorite shows; the really cool thing is that the first Planet Fitness is the one I go to in Dover, New Hampshire. The company that was started in 1992 has grown to over 500 locations since then, the great thing about this gym it that it is a judgment free zone, so that means regular people work out there and no lug heads allowed (Planet Fitness Press Release, 2012).
People can come in and pay $10 a month with no commitments required which is great because some people need to find what feels best for them some people like to run outside, bike or ski, so a gym fits most peoples needs but not always everybody. People who go to my gym typically have gone there for years and I know any day I can go in at a specific time and see a few of my friends. The gym is also a great place for retirees who need something to do in the mornings and you should see some of these 70 year olds really move to different machines around the gym.
Planet Fitness is becoming an even bigger name across the United States by partnering with The Biggest Loser. "We're thrilled to be associated with The Biggest Loser and proud to have the opportunity to help the show's contestants on their journey toward improving their health and changing their lives" (Planet Fitness Press Release, 2012), said Planet Fitness co-founder and chief executive Michael Grondahl.

"Planet Fitness is the one gym where all people – no matter their fitness level – will find a comfortable and non-intimidating atmosphere to pursue their goals (Planet Fitness Press Release, 2012). When I first found about the contract with The Biggest Loser I saw a sticker on the door and I was excited to see when I watched the show that the same equipment was used as in my gym. The gym has signs that encourage people to feel at home the words “You Belong” can be seen on some of the machines and I noticed them on the treadmills and it put a smile on my face because for some people this is all new.
I would recommend checking out this gym because it is really a great place to be. People will become inspired by each other and feel good about themselves and move to a healthier lifestyle.
Planet Fitness Press Release. (2012, January 5). Planet fitness strikes a deal as 'biggest loser' brand partner. Retrieved from http://www.planetfitness.com/biggest-loser-pr.pdf

Planet Fitness Press Release. (2012, January 3). Planet fitness strikes a deal as 'biggest loser' gym sponsor. Retrieved from http://finance.yahoo.com/news/planet-fitness-strikes-deal-biggest-165800277.html

No comments:

Post a Comment