Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Starting a New Job

How many people remember their first day on a new job? On January 3rd, I started a new job at John Hancock and I am going to be a customer service rep. in the mutual fund department. On my first day we got a tour around the building and the place is huge. Picture a square building that has windows all around it and there is tons of security so you need a badge to get just about anywhere, like from the training room to the bathroom. In the section where the main offices are is an elevated floor which means you have to step up to see the general work area they do this because the wires are under the floor and not above like at the last call center I worked at. Finding where to park was easy because I got there early enough to find a spot and finding the way to the training room was not hard because it was in the front of the building separate from the rest of the offices. We have a thick binder that is our training book and it has about 500 pages that we have to get through in our training which lasts for four weeks. Everybody that I work with is really nice and they even have a gym that I can workout in on my break. That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment